Email Share Button
Start growing your site content today!
The email share button is one of the most popular share channels within our widget. The ability to allow your audience to share their favorite content to their family and friends is one of the most powerful ways to expand your reach. Try out the email share button today and invest in the power of sharing.
Add To Your Site In 3 Easy Steps
Choose your type of buttons
Customize the design
Add the code to your site
Popular Social Media Share Buttons
Choose to install share buttons from over 20 of the most popular social channels
Frequently Asked Questions
The email share button is a simple, straight-forward, and streamlined button that integrates into your website or blog, allowing visitors to easily share to email to share your content in a single click.
In other words, it’s the fastest route between you and greater reach. And if you’re a content producer of any kind, that’s a must.
There are two basic ways to share to email: the easy way and the hard way.
If a website has enabled the ShareThis email share button:
- Look for the gray email share button, pinned either to the post or floating down the left side of the page;
- Click that button, and your email will open in your email app or another window – complete with a pre-placed link and subject line.
- Simply fill in the email’s recipient, add a comment (if you’d like), and click send. Done!
If a website hasn’t enabled the email share button, then the process involves a few extra steps:
1. Copy the URL of the post or page you’d like to share;
2. Navigate to your email app or open in your browser;
3. Start a new email and fill in the email’s recipient;
4. Copy + paste the URL into the message compose box;
5. Add a comment (if you’d like);
6. Click Send; and
7. Return to the original URL to continue reading.
There are two basic methods of sending a link to an email address: 1) via the built-in ShareThis email share button; and 2) via the old-fashioned copy+paste method.
As highlighted above, if the website or blog has enabled the email share button: 1) Click the gray email share button and an email will auto-load in your default email app; 2) fill in your recipient and message; and 3) click Send. Done!
If the website hasn’t enabled the ShareThis email share button, then the process involves a few more steps: You’ll have to 1) Copy the URL from your browser; 2) navigate to your default email program; 3) go through the standard new-email process; 4) paste the URL into the browser; and 5) click Send.
To email a link from within your browser, you’ll either need to install a plugin or – fingers crossed! – use a website’s email share button – typically, an email icon, usually a gray envelope, that is pegged to the top of the page or floating down the side of the page. On websites with the email share button, this is a one-click process.
If you have any interest in extending your content reach and audience, you must enable the ShareThis email share button: an easy-to-install, simple-to-use button that enables one-click content sharing via email.
Here’s how to add an email share button to your website:
1. Navigate to the ShareThis email share button;
2. Select either inline (pinned to a specific location) or sticky (fixed to the side of the screen) buttons;
3. Select email as your social channel (although, while you’re here, feel free to choose others, too);
4. Design your buttons to complement your site;
5. Grab your code and plug into your website or blog.
And, there you have it – a one-click email share button, to spread your content far and wide!
Developer Access – Take complete control
WordPress Users – Install our plugin