How to Install ShareThis Tools on an HTML Website
In order for ShareThis tools to work on your HTML website, follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the header section of your website:
- In the left navigation menu, click Plugins, followed by Add New.
- In the search box, type ShareThis and hit enter.
- From the search results, choose the tool you wish to install and click Install Now.
- After you have installed the plugin, click Activate.
- Once the plugin is activated, select ShareThis on the left navigation menu. For share buttons, choose from inline or sticky share buttons.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, and more.
- Once you’re happy with the style of your buttons, click the Update button.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our inline share buttons, follow buttons, reaction buttons, or social feed tools on your website, you will need to add placement code wherever you want the tool to appear.
- In your ShareThis platform, select the ShareThis tool you want to use and copy the placement code. The code should look similar to this:
- Navigate to a page on your website (e.g., blog, product, etc) and paste the placement code that you copied from the ShareThis platform, wherever you want the ShareThis tool to appear.
Need help? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.