How to Install ShareThis Tools on BigCommerce
In order for ShareThis tools to work on your BigCommerce website, follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the header section of your website:
- Log in to your ShareThis platform account. If you don’t have a ShareThis account, sign up for free here.
- Select the ShareThis tool you would like to use and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, as well as extras such as the minimum number of shares you wish to have before showing counts.
- Select the Activate code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Login to your BigCommerce website.
- In the left navigation bar, select Storefront followed by Script Manager.
- Within Script Manager, select Create a Script.
- Apply the following updates:
- Name of script: ShareThis
- Script type: Change selection to Script
- Script contents: Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from step 4.
- Click Save.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our inline share buttons, follow buttons, reaction buttons, or social feed tools on your website, you will need to add placement code wherever you want the tool to appear.
- In your ShareThis platform, select the ShareThis tool you want to use and copy the placement code. The code should look similar to this:
- In the left navigation bar of your BigCommerce website, select Storefront followed by Web Pages.
- Navigate to a page on your website (e.g., blog, product, etc) and click the HTML icon in the Web Page Details section.
- Paste the placement code that you copied from the ShareThis platform, wherever you want the ShareThis tool to appear.
- Click Update.
Note: The ShareThis tool may not appear on the backend of your website so you may need to visit your published website in order to view them.
Need help? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org