How to Install ShareThis’ Image Share Buttons
Simply follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the <head> section of your website:
- Log in or Sign up to the ShareThis Platform.
- Select Image Share Buttons in the Apps Directory and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, alignment, and size.
- Select the Activate code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Log in to your HTML website.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from step 4 into the <head> section of your website.
- This tool will enable share buttons on images across your entire website. If you want to omit Image Share Buttons from select images, check out the steps from this guide.
- In order for our Image Share Buttons to work on your HTML website, your images must be at least 200×200 in one of the following formats: gif, png, jpeg, png.
- The image URL has to end with its extension (i.e. gif, png, jpeg, png). Image Share Buttons won’t recognize images with query parameters in their URL (e.g. ?w=400):