Marketing today is a constant drive for attention with audience engagement being a major component of most campaigns. The number of social media platforms and tools can seem daunting – from social media scheduling tools, to social media management tools, social listening tools, and more, it is hard to find a single software suite that can do it all. Content curation is one of many low-cost marketing tactics that can help you engage your audience, and savvy marketing teams are deploying tools to help them curate relevant, engaging content with ease (and in less time).
Content curation is so much more than just finding new content and sharing it. To be effective, it needs to be highly relevant material and add value to the audience. Simply doing this on your own and searching various platforms can be useful, but to be time- and cost-effective, it’s best to utilize a content curation tool specifically designed for the task. The best content curation software makes it quick and easy to find amazing content, learns as your preferences evolve, and gives you a set of tools that can help edit and distribute the content on your chosen platforms. Other benefits of content curation tools, such as automation and social media integrations, can greatly streamline your content management process.
Here is a list of the 50 best paid and free content curation tools we could find to help boost your inspiration and organize your life. Please note, the following tools are organized alphabetically by category, thus are not ranked or rated in any way.
Paid content curation tools
1. Anders Pink
Anders Pink helps you curate content by providing an AI-powered algorithm that works alongside your preferences to discover just the right content for you to see. You can assign topics from keywords, websites, RSS feeds, and Twitter, and the software will automatically help you explore them in more detail. There are also plugins and integrations available for over 25 platforms including Slack, WordPress, and Sharepoint which gives you the flexibility to manage content within your existing workflow environments.
- Create custom briefings for tracking chosen topics
- AI-powered algorithm for matching your preferences to content
- Chrome browser extension for adding content directly to Anders Pink
Price: Free – $99+/mo
With Bundlepost you can import your content and images from almost any source and begin managing the details. All of your content such as blogs, feeds, events, posts, and videos are stored within a central library that can be organized based on your preferences. Additional features in the software include a number of automation tools and fully integrated scheduling for your social media feeds.
- A comprehensive library for collecting all of your content
- Content customization with advanced social media scheduling
- Automated features include RSS, image resize, and evergreen scheduling
BuzzSumo is a content analysis tool with powerful features for content discovery, influencer identification, and trend monitoring. It is easy to determine high-traffic keywords and view content examples based on the topics you have entered. In addition, Facebook tools included on the platform give you the ability to perform page analysis, trend spotting, and post analysis.
- View viral trends for any topic, domain, or location
- Discover questions with a built-in search of Reddit, Quora, and other forums
- Access the worlds largest index of social engagement data
ContentGems is a content discovery and sharing software that supports a number of different platforms. The included content discovery engine searches hundreds of thousands of articles each day based on the keywords you have selected. Advanced filtering functionality helps you find just the right content you desire, and ContentGems integrates with many useful platforms such as Buffer, HootSuite, and MailChimp.
- Monitor custom feeds and the provided news and blog database
- Setup custom workflows to push content to other platforms
- A keyword-based search interface with custom filtering
Price: Free – $199/mo
The team at ContentStudio has put together a very useful program for helping teams curate content and share it across multiple platforms. Collaboration on Content Studio is built around an interactive calendar to manage content and users can generate custom reports with analytics. You can also set up automation templates for routine tasks such as link sharing to social media sites and evergreen content recycling.
- AI-generated captions for social media posts
- A multi-channel composer to create new posts with integrated content
- Collaboration tools such as a content planner and calendar
The Crowdynews platform helps publishers identify real-time content for their social media streams. The software can be connected to the RSS feed of your website or other sources to begin searching, and advanced filters can be used to focus on the most relevant content. Crowdynews also finds trending links being shared on Twitter that are related to your content and will display them in the interface.
- Create a fully automated, multi-social site stream
- Utilizes advanced technologies such as natural language processing (NLP) to analyze articles
- Advanced filtering capability available in up to 25 languages
Price: Contact for pricing
Curata’s Content Curation Software (CCS) is designed to help marketers find, curate, and share content from a wide variety of sources. The system is designed to learn over time and improve search results based on the content you share. A number of sharing tools are available including the ability to schedule posts and publish to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- The content search function uses machine learning to adapt to your preferences
- Easy and intuitive workflow for reviewing hundreds of articles within 20 minutes per day
- Customize templates, schedules, and publishing rules
Price: Contact for pricing
The Curated platform streamlines the content curation and publishing process for marketers who are sharing their content directly with subscribers. Users can easily import content from email or review a feed based on linked sources for easy capture and curation. The editing interface allows you to add custom imagery and quickly edit each publication prior to release.
- An optimized publishing layout with custom images
- In-depth analytics to monitor each publication
- Manage sponsorships directly within the platform
The DrumUp content curation workflow can help you reduce social media management time on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn by as much as 90%. After linking your accounts and favorite feeds, the smart workflow will immediately begin recommending content. DrumUp also provides smart hashtag recommendations to help expand your reach and the content search algorithms keep the feed fresh and relevant to your audience.
- Customize posts with images, hashtags, and emojis
- A Chrome extension available to schedule posts and discover content
- Track engagement with analytics for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Feedly is a content reader that allows you to organize your trusted sources by topic and browse with ease. It works by first connecting to a wide variety of accounts such as publications, blogs, and YouTube channels to populate your content feed. Once established, it gives you complete control over reading, bookmarking, and organizing the content and integrations are available with other software including Trello and Slack for collaboration on your existing platforms.
- Receive keyword alerts for the latest news on relevant topics
- A clean and minimalist reading experience
- Create shared feeds for distributing content among colleagues
Price: Free – $18/mo
Flockler allows you to curate content from numerous sources and display them on your website or a digital screen. The software supports a variety of format, and you are able to select from a variety of display styles to match the design preferences of your website. It supports most of the major social media platforms, and you can select hashtags, usernames, and specific pages for Flockler to track and display content from.
- Source content from Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and more
- Multiple display options for website content including a carousel view and social wall view
- Built-in analytical tools for measuring success
Huzzaz is a video curation software that can share content from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Twitch. You can create custom video galleries using content from your curated feeds or your own material. There are 11 gallery templates to choose from, plus built-in features for search and social media sharing.
- Customize video titles, descriptions, links, and colors
- 11 video gallery templates included
- Create custom playlists with auto-play enabled
Price: Free – $9/mo
InoReader is a content reader with a number of features for finding new material. After connecting Inoreader to the channels you wish you follow, you can enable a Discovery mode to explore new, relevant content. You can also browse user-generated subscription bundles, and InoReader comes with flexible pricing plans that allow you to add new features only as you need them.
- Automatically tag and organize articles based on your preferences
- A full RSS archive of your entire content feed
- Apps available for iOS, Android, and Windows devices
Price: Contact for pricing
MyCurator is a plugin for WordPress that brings content curation directly to your website dashboard. You can easily connect to your content sources and use MyCurator to browse and identify articles for sharing with your audience. After an article is selected, it is automatically added to your WordPress editor and can be published with a simple click after adding a description for your audience.
- Machine learning controlled by simple up or down votes on articles
- Quickly choose articles for publication with a single click
- Integrated AI classification for removing irrelevant or low-quality content
Price: Free – $30/mo
Netvibes is a dashboard intelligence platform that gives you a single view to manage a multitude of digital sources. You can connect websites, news, social media, apps and even smart devices to the dashboard. Content curation features include the ability to create automated custom actions, view live analytics, and track topics of interest.
- Automated custom actions based on defined Trigger(s) and Action(s)
- Drag-to-Compare option for comparing charts and data from various sources
- Share dashboards among team members to view real-time analytics
Price: Free – $649+/mo
Paper.li helps you collect new content for your audience using natural language processing, machine learning, and social signals. These capabilities make the software highly automated allowing you to focus on the best ways to distribute the content. Seamless integrations with a number of major platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Wix enable to you share content where and when you desire.
- Share your fresh content directly to social networks
- Create an online newspaper for your website
- Easily populate a newsletter with collected content
Price: Free – $12.99/mo
Pearltrees is a visual bookmarking tool that allows you to collect bookmarks in a a visual way similar to a mind map. The interface contains a series of ‘pearls’ which represent your individual web links, and you can connect pearls together to form a ‘pearltree.’ Notes and pictures can also be added to pearls. The software integrates with major web browsers, making it easy to add links, and you can view other user-generated pearltrees to get additional content ideas.
- Share your pearltree directly on Twitter, Facebook, or your website
- View other user generated pearltrees
- Offline mode for viewing your saved collection anywhere
Price: Free – $9.99/mo
Pocket is an online bookmarking tool that saves articles, videos, and webpages you wish to view later in a simple and organized reader. You can tag saved content and use an advanced search to find anything you need in the archive. Custom text settings allow you to personalize the reading experience, and Pocket will offer recommendations as it becomes familiar with the type of content you save.
- Save content from any publication page or app
- Offline mode for access to content on any device
- Receive smart tag suggestions each time you save a story
Price: Free – $4.99/mo
19. Post Planner
Post Planner gives you a streamlined set of tools to find, plan, and post your content. An interactive weekly calendar view lets you choose the post content and schedule that best suits your audience. PostPlanner will also help optimize the format of each post with a single click, and a Recycle feature provides an easy way to reshare your top-performing content.
- A 5-star rating system for predicting post popularity before posting
- An automated content recommendation engine
- Organize social feeds into collection streams
PublishThis is a comprehensive content marketing and digital publishing platform. There is a streamlined workflow for monitoring content from a central dashboard, choosing content to publish and making edits to your upcoming content prior to posting. The platform also comes with an easy to use API and developer documentation, giving you complete control of customization.
- A centralized content monitoring dashboard
- Easily connect to hundreds of thousands of sources
- Publish content into almost any CMS, email system, or social feed
Price: Free – $399/mo
Quuu differentiates itself from other content curation platforms by having an active review process associated with the content feeds. You can choose from over 500 interest categories covering a broad range of topics. Each piece of content is reviewed in-house by the Quuu team prior to entry to ensure that it is high-quality and directly relevant to each interest category chosen.
- Over 500 interest categories to choose from
- Integrates with major scheduling tools including Buffer and Hootsuite
- Choose between manual and automatic content scheduling
Price: Free – $50/mo
Scoop.it contains a powerful content engine that enables you to discover, edit, and distribute new content easily. After finding content you wish to share, you can easily distribute it to major social networks or embed a curated feed into your website. The software is also capable of full corporate deployments with integrations for SSO, intranet, and enterprise social networks.
- Embed curated content pages on a website
- Create email newsletters for Mailchimp and other platforms
- Develop private, curated content hubs for team use
Price: Free -$79+/mo
Sharpr is a comprehensive content curation tool that allows you to connect all of your information. In addition to social channels and website feeds, you can add articles, videos, research, and files from collaboration tools such as Slack, Salesforce, and Dropbox. The built-in artificial intelligence makes the search function very powerful, and you can even extract auto summaries, video transcriptions, and text analysis from your connected data. Easy to use publishing tools allow you to share content to numerous platforms.
- An AI-powered searchable insight platform
- Auto-generated tags to help uncover trends in the content
- Industry-leading security features and protocols
Price: Contact for pricing
Sniply is a unique content tool that allows you to create custom messages overlaid onto any piece of content. The software has a number of functions, called snips, that create clickable buttons, text, images, or other messages. You can also customize the themes, colors, and links of the messages. And, there are numerous integrations and extensions for connecting Sniply to browsers and other software tools.
- Complete setup assistance including branding and team management
- Integration with custom analytics software systems
- Comprehensive API for creating custom workflows
25. Social Animal
Social Animal is a content marketing platform with a focus on analysis and monitoring. Their Deep Insights tool gives you a detailed breakdown of the performance for each piece of published content. You can also receive daily automated emails with the very latest content for each chosen keyword. Advanced data analysis capabilities include competitor monitoring and Facebook audience targeting and engagement.
- Curation for any keyword sorted by popularity
- An influencer search algorithm based on keywords
- Advanced marketing tools for Facebook
Social Pilot is a complete social media marketing software that includes numerous scheduling tools, analytics, and reporting. There are also advanced features for team collaboration and a shared inbox for managing engagement with fans and followers. Social media automation tools include content curation, RSS feed automation, and bulk upload.
- Post blog posts from WordPress to social media
- Assign hashtags to your posts from within Social Pilot
- Analytics and white label PDF reporting
Storyful is a social media intelligence and news agency that was founded by journalists. The team provides customized solutions to customers and can analyze trends across the latest news and social media sites. They place a focus on an investigative and comprehensive analysis for any chosen topic, and there are a number of different strategies that they can apply to each project.
- News intelligence and trend analysis
- Social media monitoring and reporting
- Content sourcing, licensing and production
Price: Contact for pricing
Tagboard is content curation and production software for displaying media on a variety of different displays. With the Launch module, you can discover and curate content using hashtags from a variety of real-time sources. Display styles can be selected with a few simple clicks and used for broadcast, live streams, or display on a variety of screen types.
- Interactive displays for broadcast, live streams, web, and mobile, and venue screens
- Design and produce stories with easy-to-use production tools
- Powerful search for social media content across rich sources in real-time
Price: Contact for pricing
Tailwind is a Pinterest and Instagram scheduler with built-in content curation and analytics. The collaboration in Tailwind is structured around Tribes that are focused on particular niches and can be used to find fresh content at any time. It is easy to gain brand insights on both Instagram and Pinterest with the metrics and KPI reporting within the platform.
- 20,000+ members across thousands of Tribes
- Replace spreadsheets and emails with built-in collaboration tools
- Weekly summaries of important trends
The Tweeted Times is an online content marketing tool that creates virtual newspapers based on chosen topics. With the free version, users are able to create personal newspapers with basic functions like auto-tweet and simple customization. The paid version adds tools for sharing and audience development including full branding capability, a custom domain, and newspaper analytics.
- Create visually appealing online newspapers
- View curated newspapers featuring major topics
- Find, curate, and share niche content automatically
Price: Free – $15/mo
Thinglink is a content tool that creates interactive visuals from images, videos, and 360-degree media. With the content editor, users can add tags to their media that provides access to additional information, video, audio, and web links. There is also a Tour Creator feature that allows you to curate various media and link them together for a single experience that can be shared.
- Create interactive 360-degree video clips ideal for education
- ThingLink mobile app for sharing notes and observations
- Detailed statistics for assessing audience engagement
Price: Free – $125/mo
Tint is an Enterprise user-generated content (UGC) platform for curating and displaying user content across your entire brand presence. You can integrate content into your website, apps, displays, and marketing campaign for a seamless experience. There are also a number of tools that give you the ability to integrate links and media within UGC to create dynamic displays for your brand.
- Integrated rights management tools for easy sharing
- Machine learning to analyze images for greater audience insights
- Add stoppable call to actions to UGC to increase purchase conversions
Triberr is a content marketing automation platform that leverages the power of tribes. Users can create or join an extensive network of thousands of tribes which are each focused on a particular niche. Within the tribe, users can promote their content and also share content from other members with their own audience. The platform provides an easy way to promote a brand while also curating relevant content.
- Identify key influencers within your niche
- Easily join or create a tribe at any time
- Over 60,000+ active tribes on the platform
Price: Free – $50/mo
UpContent gives you a suite of content management tools for discovering, curating, and distributing content to your audience. You can create custom call-to-action overlays based on content type and review updates easily with collaboration workflows. UpContent also has integrations with all major social media management, email marketing, and website CMS platforms for streamlined distribution.
- Proprietary crawler for finding new content from trusted sources
- Streamline collaboration with a single workflow
- Numerous integrations for sharing content across major platforms
35. Upland Kapost
Upland Kapost markets itself as a content operations platform that can handle all aspects of planning, creation, distribution, and analytics. From the main view, you can easily create content campaigns using curated sources and submit them to other team members for review. A visual timeline interface keeps all activities organized and workflows can be generated to coordinate key actions.
- Creates a single system for managing all content
- Over 100+ integrations for connecting with popular tools
- Curate collection for sharing with various audiences
Price: Contact for pricing
Zemanta is a content promotion platform for native distribution, advertising, and conversion marketing. Users manage all content activity through the clean and streamlined Zemanta dashboard. The system provides end-to-end tracking of your marketing campaigns, including real-time analytics to identify top-performing content.
- Connect, sync and automate with the Zemanta API
- Campaign management automation including CPC bids
- Access to over 35 social, native, and mobile content discovery networks
Price: Contact for pricing
Zest.is is a content curation software that is moderated by a community of marketing professionals. Each piece of content is reviewed by the Zest tribe and then machine learning and AI work to choose and match relevant content to each user. There are settings to personalize the quantity and frequency for receiving new content based on your needs.
- Receive custom content selections based on your needs
- A micro-learning experience on mobile apps
- Highly automated system with AI and machine learning
Price: Free – $5.99/mo
Free content curation tools
Flipboard is a digital distribution platform for original content built for web and mobile. It is simple for all users and publishers to set up and begin curating content with a few simple clicks. With Flipboard, you can join a massive network of major and smaller publishers. Flipboard’s app interface is very clean, making it easy to read and browse.
- Reach over 145 million viewers on the platform
- A Reader Enhanced Display (RED) Bolt Program for a better reading experience
- Easy to use tools for gaining followers and increasing distribution
Instapaper is a content reader that allows you to save articles, videos, pages, and any other interesting information you find while browsing. You can add content to Instapaper with a single click and then view it on any of your devices. Having a centralized location for your content helps streamline your review process, and it is easy to highlight and comment on any article for later reference and sharing.
- Save nearly any online content for later viewing
- Syncs reading list across all devices
- Offline mode for accessing the content at any time
Price: Free, Premium plan for $2.99/mo
Juxtapost is a content curation website for collecting photos from various websites and storing them in categorized ‘postboards.’ These boards act as a collection of the posts that can then be easily curated as the collection expands. The website comes with social discovery tools for finding new content, and users can view other member boards and comment, share, and re-post those items.
- Comment, share, and re-post content from other member boards
- Create private postboards for your own viewing
- Export post links and descriptions to Excel
Listly makes it easy to curate and publish lists on your website or blog. The app can recognize links from nearly any source and also accepts text, photos, videos, and audio clips. You can even add Amazon products, places, and profiles to lists. Distribution for lists includes a number of tools, and you can fully customize the layout and details to be shown.
- A Chrome browser extension for capturing list items while browsing
- Receive suggested list items from your audience
- Available as a web app or iOS app
Medium is an online publishing platform that allows writers to easily create and share content with a wide audience. Users can vote on articles with “claps” in a system similar to “likes” on Facebook that can increase the visibility of posts. The platform also has a number of categories and curated groups for various subjects, giving readers and publishers a number of options for connecting with others.
- The Medium Partner Program allows publishers to earn money for posts
- An editorial team curates high-quality content for distribution to readers
- An ad-free reading experience across all devices
Price: Free to publish, $5/mo for unlimited reading
Nuzzel is a next-generation news monitoring and research tool. Leveraging media intelligence capability, the software tracks the latest news sources for any given topic and automatically integrates social signals from top influencers. The result is an easy-to-read and curated list of articles for each desired topic that you can browse, share, and reference.
- Create reports based on important topics
- Connect social media accounts to Nuzzel
- Feeds are synced across all devices
Pinterest is a visual content discovery tool that lets users create and interact with images collected from any online source. The images are called ‘pins’ and can be collected in curated lists called ‘boards.’ Users are able to create their own boards, interact with other user boards, and also interact with a feed of discovered content based on the chosen topics of previous pins.
- Save ideas from any website with a browser plug-in
- Over 300 million users on the platform
- A Pinterest API available for 3rd-party development
Pipes is a news app that personalizes your content feed based on your preferences. Users can interact with articles they enjoy to help the software learn the best sources to display, and the app tracks each user’s reading level based on the amount of interaction. There is also a powerful built-in search for locating new content and you can browse popular topic trends for each week.
- Short summaries built-in to each article for quick reading
- Browse through over 100,000 topics
- A free Pipeball game is included within the app
Refind is a content discovery tool for finding sources that are most relevant to your chosen topics. The articles are displayed as cohesive magazines that can be easily browsed and curated according to preferences. Users can collect links from around the web, and Refind will automatically aggregate the latest content from each source in real-time.
- A browser extension for saving web links
- Automatically highlights saved links during Google searches
- Smart lists automatically recycle saved stories
As part of LinkedIn since 2012, SlideShare has become a go-to source for high-quality slide content from top experts. Slides offer a visual and concise way to digest important information quickly, and users can effortlessly browse and view the large collection. There is an API available for external development and a powerful search for finding the content you need.
- Contains over 18 million uploads in 40 content categories
- A Creator’s Hub to help users build great content
- SlideShare API available for non-commercial use
ShareIt, from SocialPilot, is a free content curation and influencer discovery tool that allows you to share content directly on your social media pages. After connecting ShareIt to your feeds, you can easily search articles on any topic and share them with your audience. Posts can be scheduled using SocialPilot, and you can filter search results by relevance and time to find the best content.
- Receive automatic topic suggestions related to search terms
- Schedule your curated content with SocialPilot
- Link to social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
49. Twitter Lists
For active users on Twitter, there is a great way to create lists of curated content. By creating a Twitter List, which is basically a group of chosen Twitter accounts, you can categorize and organize content as separate segments. These lists act as mini feeds and will only display content from the chosen accounts. It’s a great way to organize your Twitter feed, and you can access the lists from other Twitter accounts to discover new content.
- Find and subscribe to other user’s lists
- Create custom links to share lists with others
- Easily create, edit, or delete lists from the Twitter menu
Vidinterest is a video curation and discovery platform that allows you to bookmark videos from websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. You can organize these bookmarks into playlists and embed the content feed into your website. There is also the opportunity to discover fresh content through the video lists shared on the platform.
- Embed playlists as video feeds onto any website
- Collect and organize your videos
- View other users video feeds to discover new video content
Want to make it easy for your audience to curate your content? Install our social media share buttons today. They’re simple to install on your website or blog, making it possible for your readers to curate your content and share to their favorite social media platforms with a single click. Oh, and did we mention they’re completely free to use?