How to Install ShareThis’ Tools using ClickFunnels
In this guide, we will use the built-in options in ClickFunnels to install the ShareThis tools on a ClickFunnels page or website. We will cover how to add the ShareThis installation code and the ShareThis placement code (in case you are using Inline Tools).
Adding the installation (script) code
- Log in or Sign up to the ShareThis Platform.
- Select the ShareThis tool you would like to use and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, and shape.
- Select the Activate code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Log in to your ClickFunnels website and go to your funnel.
- Click on Settings.
- Paste the copied code into the Head Tracking Code field.
- Scroll down and click on Save And Update Settings.
Note: If you are using our Sticky Share Buttons and want to install them only on a specific page, you can follow these instructions.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our Inline Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, Reaction Buttons, or Social Feed tools on your website, you will need to add a placement code wherever you want the tool to appear. To learn more about ShareThis Website tools, go here.
- In your ShareThis Platform, select the ShareThis tool you want to use and copy the placement code. Depending on the tool you are installing, the code should look similar to this:
- Navigate to the funnel on your website (e.g., blog, product, etc) by clicking on Funnels after hovering over the ClickFunnels drop-down menu on your dashboard.
- On the funnel, click on Edit Page.
- From the editing page, on the top bar click on Elements > Add element.
- Select the Custom JS/HTML block and drag it wherever you want your inline tools to appear.
- On the newly added block, hover over it and click on its Settings.
- On its Settings, click on Open Code Editor and paste the placement code, then exit the pop-up window.
- Under the Custom Code Type dropdown, select Regular HTML/JS Code.
Note: Currently, ShareThis tools are not compatible with animations from the Advanced tab, if you add animations or delays to the code block, this may prevent the buttons from appearing and/or working properly.
Adding Sticky Share Buttons only on a specific page
- Go to the funnel where you want the buttons to appear.
- On the top bar, click on Settings > Tracking Code.
- On the Header Code tab, paste the installation/script code from ShareThis.
- Exit the pop-up window and finally click on the Save button.