Email marketing is considered one of the best ways to engage with your customers and with good reason – it works. One well-known statistic in the industry indicates that, on average, email marketing has a 3,800% ROI, meaning a payback of $38 for every $1 spent. That is an incredible return, and it highlights the value of email campaigns as a way to acquire new customers and drive sales. When done well, building your email list and running an effective email marketing campaign can help improve engagement, drive traffic to your website, gain new customers, enhance customer retention, and ultimately increase revenue in a very meaningful way.
The key question for most businesses these days is not whether they need email marketing, but how to get the most value out of their campaigns. Not taking advantage of certain tools can mean the difference between a thriving campaign and one that does not perform. One example involves audience targeting, with data showing that segmented campaigns drive a 760% increase in revenue versus ones that are not segmented. With so many email marketing services and software programs available, now is a great time to add these capabilities to your team.
Below is a list of 50 of the best paid and free email marketing services and software platforms that we could find to help you engage with your audience. Please note, the following list is organized alphabetically and not ranked or rated in any way.
Paid Email Marketing Services & Software
ActiveCampaign is an email marketing and automation platform that includes CRM tools and a number of analysis and reporting features. This software is free to try, and they offer three paid plans to choose from. Features include automation and segmentation tools, free templates, and free image hosting for your campaign media. The smart CRM integrates customer management features into this single platform for streamlined communication management.
- Campaign tracking for monitoring visitor activity
- Real-time reporting of key metrics such as open rates and unsubscribes
- Three plans available for varying needs: lite, small business, and enterprise
ActiveTrail is an email marketing automation tool that includes numerous features for managing communications. Included with the software is a landing page creator, e-commerce integration, and advanced reporting features available through a mobile application. Automaton tools include triggers, timed email delivery, autoresponders, and SMS capability.
- Dozens of customizable pre-made templates
- A built-in landing page creator
- E-commerce integration for driving traffic from an online store
- $7-45/mo for email packages
- $41-344/mo for SMS packages
Automizy aims to make email marketing automation as simple as possible. They have created an intuitive and streamlined interface for editing campaign automation and email content. Additional core features include campaign management tools, form creation, and contact management. In addition, integrations are available with many popular tools including Salesforce, Slack, and Zapier.
- Predict subject line performance using artificial intelligence
- An easy-to-use automation builder with visualization
- A drag-and-drop email editor interface
AWeber has a full suite of important tools for managing your email marketing efforts. In addition to automation, sign-up forms, and pre-built templates, the platform also includes some useful and unique features. One of the most useful is an RSS-to-email capability that allows you to create newsletter emails directly from your blog content.
- A Smart Designer for creating email templates in seconds
- Integrations available with many leading tools
- Monitor key metrics through the AWeber mobile app
Benchmark features a drag-and-drop email designer with live editing and optimization that works on desktop, tablet, and smartphone devices. Users can also use the fully-featured photo editor to edit and enhance media within the program. With an extensive database of fully-customizable templates, Benchmark can also save you time when designing new email content.
- Detailed reporting for tracking important customer metrics
- Easy to use drag-and-drop email editor
- A large archive of email templates for any industry and occasion
Cost: Free – $43.99+/mo
Bronto, now part of Oracle Netsuite, is a powerful email marketing software that includes personalization, automation, and detailed reporting tools. One of its key differentiators is the ability to seamlessly integrate with e-commerce platforms and other marketing tools to create a comprehensive view of customer engagement for your business.
- An easy-to-use interface for email creation, segmentation, and automation
- Optimized for businesses selling through e-commerce platforms
- Extensive customization options for modifying all aspects of campaigns
Cost: Contact for pricing
Campaigner provides users with a visual editor for creating complex email automation workflows. The interface includes pre-made connectors and a scalable canvas that can save time during editing, and a workflow validation process keeps your campaign data accurate and error-free. There are also powerful personalization tools for creating dynamic content using past engagement and purchasing behavior.
- Build workflows and segmentation using behavioral data
- A streamlined dashboard for tracking campaign activities
- Integration available with multiple SMTP relays and social media sites
Campaign Monitor is a full-featured email marketing software with additional support for e-commerce through a CM Commerce product. Users can drag and drop content and other elements to create campaigns, and there are hundreds of pre-made templates available to get you started. Customization is available for nearly all communications including transactional emails, allowing you to keep your brand image cohesive in all situations.
- Advanced email tracking and analytics
- Support for contact uploads from multiple sites
- Hundreds of professionally-designed email templates
The CleverReach platform is a GDPR-compliant email marketing solution with a generous free offering and paid plans that can scale with your business. E-commerce and CRM integrations are available for Shopify, Zapier, Woo Commerce, and many other platforms. The Lite Plan allows managing up to 250 recipients and sending up to 1,000 emails per month for free.
- Automatically filter and remove invalid email addresses
- Double opt-in process which is regulatory compliant
- Newsletters optimized for viewing on all devices
Cost: Free – €495/mo
10. Constant Contact
Constant Contact has features that make it easy to create and monitor email marketing campaigns and manage customers. The platform allows users to collect email addresses from a variety of sources such as Facebook or a website. Once in the system, you can send emails quickly using the pre-made templates and monitor real-time metrics to gauge effectiveness.
- Automatically remove unsubscribes, bounces, and inactive emails
- Over 100 professional templates available
- Upload contact lists from Excel, Gmail, Outlook, and other sources
ConvertKit was created with professional bloggers in mind and they have built a strong platform for easily creating effective forms and landing pages for your website. The email designer keeps the writing process smooth with options for one-off messages or automated sequences. Management of campaigns with ConvertKit is very subscriber-centric, and you can organize and segment your audience in a number of ways.
- Customizable opt-in forms can be easily embedded on websites
- Create landing pages from easily customizable templates
- Integrations available with numerous third-party apps
The email marketing automation tool dotdigital can be used to create beautiful email designs with personalization to create stronger customer relationships. The platform supports dynamic content and includes a large selection of pre-built templates. Users can also preview campaigns in a number of formats prior to sending them to ensure your messages are optimized for all platforms.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface for creating content and managing contacts
- Create fully responsive and customized emails with minimal effort
- Utilize AI and intuitive tools to create relevant content
Cost: Contact for pricing
Drip uses e-commerce CRM data and marketing automation to help brands develop an engaging customer experience. It is an e-commerce CRM software that features behavior-based visual workflows and cross-channel marketing automation to expand the reach of your email marketing content. You can also segment customers by a number of specific criteria, allowing you to personalize your communications.
- Personalize customer marketing messages using behavior-based data
- Tag and identify every customer action
- ECRM dashboards for reviewing workflow, campaign, and email performance
14. Elastic Email
Elastic Emails makes email marketing simple by providing an easy-to-use email designer and campaign creator. You can take advantage of the many templates in their database or quickly create a new campaign from scratch. Additional organization tools include the ability to add simple tags, segment contacts by specific parameters, and create an unlimited number of sub-accounts.
- Send email via HTTP API or SMTP relay
- Easily create an unlimited number of web forms
- Use pre-built templates to create modern landing pages
Emma is a tiered email marketing platform that includes an approvals dashboard, campaign management, and asset management controls. There are advanced tools for automation such as trigger targeted messages and branching logic for controlling the flow of content to your audience. The content creation dashboard includes support for dynamic content and A/B testing.
- Create beautiful landing pages using pre-built templates
- A/B content testing using your marketing emails
- Support for custom HTML coding in the template builder
GetReponse is a complete marketing platform that is targeted at small businesses. Features include automation workflows, a landing page creator, and ready-made marketing campaign funnels. The software can be connected to many other popular platforms such as WordPress, Salesforce, and Shopify to create a truly all-in-one solution.
- Powerful form builder with customizable colors, fonts, and more
- Send highly-personalized emails using dynamic content
- Segment customers into groups for highly targeted campaigns
Gist is an all-in-one marketing software that can be used to manage live chat, email marketing, forms, and a knowledge base. With an integrated shared inbox and knowledge base, this platform provides complete customer management across all your marketing and sales activities. With Gist, you can also manage team activities directly such as scheduling meetings and viewing team member availability in real-time.
- Easy to configure chatbots to automate sales calls and other activities
- A multi-channel shared team inbox
- Generate reports to track team performance, conversion rates, and revenue
Cost: Free – $33.99+/mo
HubSpot Marketing Hub is a comprehensive inbound marketing platform for launching effective marketing campaigns. Users can easily create landing pages and fully responsive websites from the thousands of customizable templates that are provided. There are also numerous email marketing capabilities such as A/B testing and personalization that can be used to increase engagement.
- Design personalized calls-to-action on your landing pages
- Receive real-time SEO suggestions for your blog content
- Easily connect to HubSpot CRM or Salesforce
The email marketing platform iContact is a very user-friendly solution with intuitive email tools. The drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to create impressive content in minutes with no HTML knowledge. Automation with iContact gives your email campaigns a rapid way to deliver relevant messages when a customer makes specific interactions with your content such as clicking, making a purchase, or interacting with a landing page.
- Use Spamcheck to help ensure your messages are delivered to customer inboxes
- Compare email campaign performance across multiple platforms
- Fully support for English and Spanish languages
Keap software combines the functionality of a CRM with marketing automation to create a single platform for managing all your customer communications. Clients who are added to the system can receive automated reminders, emails, and texts based on the criteria that you set, and all activity can be monitored from a central location.
- A powerful builder for customizing your campaigns
- Free 24/7 chat and US-based phone support
- Organize appointments, quotes, and invoices through the CRM
Klaviyo is optimized to help e-commerce marketers manage their email marketing. The system includes predictive analytics that can be used to approximate expected customer activity such as churn risk and the average time between orders. In addition, integrations are available for major e-commerce platforms such as Magento, Shopify, and Stripe.
- A streamlined dashboard for monitoring and updating campaign details
- An autoresponder for sending automated emails to your audience
- Segment your audience based on chosen characteristics
Cost: Free – $150+/mo
LeadSquared is a marketing automation tool that allows you to communicate effectively with customers on their channels of choice. Users can integrate text, WhatsApp, email, call, social platforms, and self-serve portals into the system and track every action that a client takes. It is also easy to design trigger-based omnichannel communication workflows for your client interactions.
- An administrator dashboard for tracking important lead metrics
- Pre-built user behavior and engagement flows
- 360-degree user profiles for monitoring all behavior and activity
Cost: Contact for pricing
Listrak is a marketing automation platform for retailers that features a customer journey workflow, social channel integration, and predictive personalization. The interface includes efficient drag-and-drop tools for creating sophisticated multi-stage and non-linear communication workflows. Important data for each client is captured in a unified 360-degree customer profile for easy access.
- An assigned account manager to assist with your campaign
- Automatically generate relevant messages using behavioral-based triggers
- Use the Listrak CRM to explore important customer data
Cost: Contact for pricing
24. Mad Mimi
Mad Mimi is designed for creating HTML emails that are supported across all email clients and systems. The software has tools for list management, reporting, tracking, and email delivery. In addition to being very secure, the system is highly customizable and users can save their favorite email styles as templates for later use.
- Automatically remove unsubscribes and bounce contacts
- Built-in autoresponders and integrations
- A social share feature for interacting on major social media platforms
Mailchimp is a feature-rich marketing platform with a ton of audience management tools such as segmentation, an address finder, and predicted demographics. You can create signup forms, landing pages, and social media posts and advertisements from within the software. An interesting feature of Mailchimp is the lookalike audience finder that can help you locate new prospects similar to the audience you currently serve.
- An easy-to-use dashboard for managing your campaigns
- Build websites for free through the platform
- Optimized for e-commerce businesses
Cost: Free – $299/mo
MailerLite provides users with important tools for designing landing pages, building newsletters, and setting up automation for campaigns. The program designers have also included reporting for tracking your email newsletter results along with 3rd-party integrations and a developer API. There is a lot of capability provided with their free plan, and premium plans are also available.
- A streamlined drag-and-drop editor
- Create focused e-commerce campaigns
- Landing pages with pop-ups and embedded forms
Cost: Free – $50+/mo
Mailigen is an email marketing software that delivers automation, integrations, and tailor-made solutions for major industries. Their website includes a nice demo of the primary capabilities and they share industry insights for businesses including financial services, retail, and marketing agencies. You can create an initial account for free, and their paid plans scale as your subscriber base grows.
- Integrations with CRM, blog, and e-commerce systems
- An intelligent email builder with drag-and-drop design
- Powerful automation tools
Mailjet is an email delivery service for software development and marketing teams. The email marketing features include an email builder, contact management, and analytics. On the development side, they offer an Email API and SMTP Relay for fast and flexible deployments. They provide plans that range from a free individual plan through support for large enterprises
- An easy-to-use email builder
- Free email and newsletter templates
- Real-time dashboard and reporting
Cost: Free – $359.06+/mo
MoonMail is an omnichannel communication platform created for app developers and e-commerce businesses. It is an all-in-one solution that integrates email, SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Voice platforms into a single interface. They offer two plans, Lite and Starter, that can help you get started with an audience of any size.
- A simple 2-click process for sending email campaigns
- Specialized tools for Shopify integration
- 30-day refund policy if not satisfied
Moosend is an email marketing automation platform that was designed for businesses without the need for any coding or software development expertise. Key features include a drag-and-drop email editor, A/B testing functionality, and data analytics. This program also offers advanced personalization including product and weather-based recommendations.
- A spam tester for increasing the likelihood of email delivery to inboxes
- Easily schedule campaign communications with automation
- Import contacts from CSV or Excel files or upload directly from online resources
Cost: Free – $3,650+/mo
Newsletter2Go is an email marking software built for small to mid-size businesses. It allows users to create and send relevant emails to their audience within minutes using a drag-and-drop editor and mobile-ready templates. They also offer numerous free plug-ins that can be used for connecting to your favorite CMS, CRM, and e-commerce platforms.
- A/B testing for optimizing design choices
- Transfer product details into your newsletter with a single click
- Receive a portion of your cost back as a credit for great performance
Cost: Free – $576+/mo
Omnisend is an e-commerce marketing automation solution with capabilities for email marketing, personalization, and customized forms. This software also consolidates all your communication channels under a single platform with support for email, messaging apps, and web push notifications. The automation workflows include smart segmentation to improve the relevancy of your messages.
- Integrate several channels into one automation workflow
- Create customized forms for building your email list quickly
- Use smart segmentation to improve message targeting
Ontraport seeks to seamlessly connect all your communication channels into a unified platform for creating and launching your automated marketing campaigns. Important functions of the software include a CRM, email management, and support for SMS texts. They also feature a Facebook User Community with over 10,000 members.
- Use predictive data to determine effective next steps
- Create, launch, and manage a membership site
- Free one-on-one setup calls to help you get started
Pabbly Email Marketing helps you improve email delivery, conversions, and client engagement by providing a ton of useful automation tools. Email setup is easy using a built-in SMTP or the option to connect your own SMTP services such as Amazon SES or SendGrid. Drip automation, list cleaning, and autoresponders are just some of the many additional features included.
- An email customizer for quickly designing relevant messages
- Over 500 customizable email templates
- Autoresponders for easily communicating with clients at important times
Cost: Free – $1,599/mo
Salesforce Pardot brings B2B marketing automation to the existing Salesforce CRM platform. The tools provided through Pardot are available in an easy to navigate interface, and some of the key functions supported include lead management, email marketing, and sales alignment. Automatic segmentation and personalized content help to streamline your brand’s image presented to each unique client.
- An intuitive and visual email builder
- Integrated testing and reporting within automation workflows
- Industry-leading email infrastructure and deliverability
RedCappi markets itself as an email marketing software that is so easy to use, a baby can use it. Key features include an easy-to-use Campaign Creator, autoresponders, and A/B testing. Each email that is sent through RedCappi is assigned a deliverability score to identify any issues with the message including spam scoring and broken links.
- Design mobile-friendly email campaigns with an intuitive creator
- Easily embed videos and surveys directly into emails
- Share emails directly on social media platforms
Cost: Free – $2,592+/mo
SendinBlue is email marketing automation software for managing all your customer communications from a single platform. With an included CRM and multiple automation tools, the platform is built to keep you focused on your customers and messaging. They also offer responsive round-the-clock support to assist with implementation and any issues that may arise.
- Support for email and SMS marketing communications
- Track customer details with the included CRM
- Integrated retargeting tools for display ads to your audience
Cost: Free – $66+/mo
Sendlane is designed for e-commerce stores, and the company has a goal of helping its customers achieve a rate of 30-40% of their monthly revenue from email marketing. The software features advanced segmentation, behavior-based automation, and has an impressive list of over 1,400 integrations with popular business tools.
- Create engaging and powerful welcome emails
- Automated abandoned cart funnels for bring customers back
- Receive data-driven product recommendations
SendPulse is a multi-channel marketing automation platform for creating and launching your email campaigns. It features web push notifications, transactional emails, and a chatbot for personalized messages on Facebook Messenger. There are over 40 integrations available with popular tools, and they offer a very capable free plan to get you started.
- Combine multiple communication channels into one platform
- Setup trigger chains of emails using Automation 360
- A drag-and-drop editor with over 130 free templates
Cost: Free – $7,000/mo
SendX software allows you to design, schedule, and send an unlimited number of email campaigns. As a fully-functional email marketing platform, it provides users with tools for building email lists, analyzing campaign metrics, and automating email sequences. There is also an easy-to-use designer for creating popups, inline forms, and immersive landing pages.
- Integrate popup and in-line forms into any website
- Automate your email with a rules-based interface
- A drag and drop email editor
VerticalResponse offers customers a full solution for email campaign management, with services for email creation, automated follow-ups, and advanced reporting. The landing page builder and email editor give you all the necessary tools needed to create a dynamic email campaign. There is also an included Test Kit that gives you quick previews of how your content will look on any device.
- Receive comprehensive metrics of your campaign performance
- Import contacts from multiple sources and in many formats
- An efficient email designer and landing page builder
Vision6 is email marketing and automation software that helps you create effective workflows and personalized email content. They provide many professionally designed templates in the email editor and you can test and preview your content delivery to over 45 inboxes. In addition, they support Integrations with popular lead generation tools such as Optinmonster and Leadpages.
- Integrations with popular lead generation tools
- Interactive reporting with easy to digest visuals
- Easy-to-access 24/7 technical support resources and training
Wishpond supports your marketing efforts by giving you a simple and effective email builder with simple controls and a drag-and-drop interface. With this platform, you can design drip campaigns to send a series of emails automatically, and they offer over 300 integrations with email, analytics, sales, and collaboration apps. Over a dozen high-quality and mobile-ready email templates are also provided.
- Lead generation tools including popups, landing pages, and forms
- Marketing automation using trigger emails
- Improve engagement with A/B testing variations
44. Zoho Campaigns
Zoho Campaigns is an email marketing platform for creating, sending, and tracking your email campaigns. A free template collection contains smart email newsletters that you can use to quickly create an effective design. The drag-and-drop workflow editor helps you build a trigger-based campaign with clear calls to action based on the preferred communication channels of each contact.
- Optimized integration with Zoho CRM
- Advanced automation tools and real-time analytics
- An efficient and immersive mobile app
Free Email Marketing Services & Software
EmailOctopus is an email marketing platform that integrates with over 500 apps and offers numerous features in its free plan. The primary features include custom forms, real-time analytics, and automation workflows. The free plan allows you to support up to 2,500 subscribers with up to 10,000 emails per month and track analytics for up to 30 days.
- Smart analytics with numerous reporting options
- Integrations available with over 500 products and services
- Automation for creating time-based onboarding and drip sequences
Cost: Free – $950+/mo
EngageBay is a marketing and sales CRM that offers an all-in-one solution for small and medium-sized businesses. The marketing features include landing pages, automation, and lead generation tools. There are also many additional capabilities that are helpful for sales and customer service such as contact management, appointment scheduling, and task management.
- Sales automation through deal pipelines and email sequences
- A comprehensive 360-degree customer view
- A fully functional helpdesk with ticket management
Cost: Free – $79.99/mo
SendBlaster is a bulk email software that includes a full suite of tools for creating, sending, and managing email campaigns. It is available as a free download to get started, and they also offer a Pro plan with additional features. The program includes detailed data analysis capability that is powered by Google Analytics and can be used to track your key campaign metrics.
- Set up email marketing campaigns with a few steps
- Design email layouts with an embedded editor or external HTML editor
- Create customizable web forms to add subscribers with a few clicks
Cost: Free – $129+ (one-time price for license)
Sendicate is an email marketing app for small businesses that can bring simplicity and effectiveness to your marketing campaigns. The developers have put a lot of focus on design with Sendicate, and the templates that are provided are easy-to-read and optimized to look great on all devices. They offer a generous and fully-functional free plan that supports up to 500 subscribers and 1000 messages per month.
- Import subscribers manually or with CSV and Excel files
- Easily manage draft and sent messages with a visual interface
- Gorgeous and fully-customizable templates
Cost: Free – $499+/mo
TinyLetter is a completely free personal newsletter service that is offered by Mailchimp. It is an ultra-simple tool that does not include the business features of other paid email marketing platforms. There is support for customized signup forms to attract subscribers, and you can design messages with the provided TinyLetter editor or use an existing email client of your own.
- Personalize signup forms to gain subscribers
- Easily share updates with fans and friends
- Built on the same infrastructure as Mailchimp
YMLP is an email marketing platform that requires no installation and is easily accessible through any web browser. Key features include an email newsletter builder, unlimited groups and fields, and an affiliate and referral program. The free plan supports up to 1,000 contacts, and you can also choose from two pro plans that allow unlimited contacts and advanced reporting capability.
- Secure will full GDPR compliance
- Fast and reliable mail servers
- API automation for customizing your workflows
Cost: Free – $5/mo
Now that you’re prepared to choose the best email marketing platform for your needs, check out our post highlighting seven great welcome email examples for some inspiration to kick your campaign off on the right foot. And, be sure to read our post on how to use powerful words in your email marketing campaign to help you craft compelling email messages.
Want to get even more traction from your content to supplement your email marketing campaigns? Install our email share button today to make it simple for your recipients to share your top-notch content with their friends and connections with a single click. It’s easy to install and it’s totally free to use – so get started today!