How to Install Share Buttons on Squarespace
In order for ShareThis tools to work on your SquareSpace website, follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the header section of your website:
- Log in to your ShareThis platform account. If you don’t have a ShareThis account, sign up for free here.
- Select the ShareThis tool you would like to use and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, as well as extras such as the minimum number of shares you wish to have before showing counts.
- Select the Activate code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Login to your SquareSpace website.
- In the left navigation bar, click Settings followed by Advanced.
- From the list of options, click Code Injection.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from step 4 into the header field and click Save.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our inline share buttons, follow buttons, reaction buttons, or social feed tools on your website, you will need to add placement code wherever you want the tool to appear.
- In your ShareThis platform, select the ShareThis tool you want to use and copy the placement code. The code should look similar to this:
- Navigate to a page on your website (e.g., blog, product, etc) and paste the placement code that you copied from the ShareThis platform, wherever you want the ShareThis tool to appear.
Need help? Get in touch with us at email@example.com