How to Install the ShareThis Plugin on WordPress
Notice: If you’re already using the ShareThis Platform to manage your tools, but want to use to our WordPress plugin instead, please remove the <script> code and any <div> tags from the Inline Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, or Reaction Buttons!
Our WordPress plugins make it quick and easy for you to add Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, Reaction Buttons, Google Analytics Dashboard, and/or our GDPR Compliance Tool (a.k.a Consent Management Platform) to your website in a few simple clicks.
Simply log in to your WordPress account and follow the steps below to get started:
- In the left navigation menu, click Plugins, followed by Add New.
- In the search box, type ShareThis and hit enter.
- From the search results, choose the tool you wish to install and click Install Now.
- After you have installed the plugin, click Activate.
- Once the plugin is activated, select ShareThis on the left navigation menu. For share buttons, choose from Inline or Sticky Share Buttons.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, and more.
- Once you’re happy with the style of your buttons, click the Update button.
Now that you’ve completed configuring your buttons, there are 4 ways to add them to your blog post or page:
- Built-in settings from the Plugin – Just scroll to the bottom of the plugin settings and select the option right for you.
- Shortcode – If you are using the Classic WordPress editor, in the right navigation menu of your post, you can select whether you would like the buttons to appear at the top or bottom of your post. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the shortcode below for inline share buttons wherever you want the buttons to appear.
- PHP – For more advanced users, you can use the PHP code below to insert your inline or sticky share buttons within a template.
<?php sharethis_inline_buttons(); ?>
- Blocks – You can also add/drag inline buttons to your pages within the Edit page > Add Block option on your site.
Here’s a preview of how it looks:
Congrats! Now, you’ve made it easier for your audience to share your content and grow your website traffic.