How to Install ShareThis’ Tools on Weebly
In order for ShareThis tools to work on your Weebly website, follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the <head> section of your website:
- Log in or Sign up to the ShareThis Platform.
- Select the ShareThis tool you would like to use and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, as well as extras such as the minimum number of shares you wish to have before showing counts.
- Select the Activate code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Log in to your Weebly account.
- Select Edit Website.
- Go to the Settings section, then click on SEO on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to Header Code.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from step 4 into the text box and then click Save and Publish.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our Inline Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, Reaction Buttons, or Social Feed tools on your website, you will need to add placement code wherever you want the tool to appear.
- In your ShareThis Platform, select the ShareThis tool you want to use and copy the placement code. Depending on the tool you are installing, the code should look similar to this:
- Navigate to a page on your Weebly site (e.g., homepage, product, etc) and drag the Embed Code icon from the sidebar, wherever you want the ShareThis tool to appear on your page.
- Note: The code you added in step 9 enables our tools to work on your site but this placement code must be added wherever you want the tool to appear.
- Select Edit Custom HTML.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from Step 1 into the text box.
- Click Publish in the top right-hand corner.
Note: The ShareThis tools may not appear on the backend of your website so you may need to visit your published website in order to view them.