50 Best Backlink Checkers to Support Your Link Building Strategy
No SEO strategy would be complete without a targeted link building campaign to extend the reach of a website, and a robust backlink checker can support your link building efforts. In fact, links remain one of the top factors that can affect search engine ranking, along with content and RankBrain, the search giant’s machine learning technology. It can be hard to know exactly which websites to target for new links and how to optimize your current site without having a complete picture of your current data. Backlink checkers help a great deal by centralizing link data from various sources and presenting it to you in a way that is easy to digest and understand.
The growing trend of search engine optimization has led to an increasing number of digital marketing tools that can manage all this data. Below, we’ve rounded up 50 leading backlink checkers, listed in alphabetical order and including a mix of free and paid options. With the wide range of options from dedicated backlink trackers to complete SEO and digital marketing management platforms, you’ll be sure to find something that meets your needs.
Accessily has a straightforward backlink tracker on their site that’s built for monitoring link activity over time. The list of links can be easily sorted by type, and you can also customize the time period for review. Embedded links to the website URL and live link for each post are also shown. Get started by signing up for free on Accessily’s website.
- Sort links by backlink type or ranking
- Review anchor text and URL usage
- Additional rank and referrals trackers available
Cost: Free signup, contact for a quote
Affilorama is a New Zealand based affiliate marketing agency that offers AffiloTools, an online suite of marketing tools. Users enter the system with a single login and can view and monitor all aspects of revenue, traffic, and SEO from the user interface. The software features useful charts and tables for taking a real comprehensive look at your ranking data, plus tools for monitoring your competitors’ backlinks and uncovering beneficial backlinking opportunities.
- Track rankings in multiple regions
- Integrations with major SEO and search platforms
- Run reports for competitor backlink activity
Cost: Free signup, contact for a quote
AgencyAnalytics is a complete reporting solution for digital marketing agencies. From the central interface, users can access dashboards for tracking SEO, PPC, email, social media, and calls. Designed for agency use, it can be fully customized with your branding and logo. You can also integrate AgencyAnalytics with over 40 other platforms.
- Automated reporting
- Create custom dashboards and KPIs
- Used by over 3,500 marketing agencies
Ahrefs offers a free version of their premium backlink checker on the website that you can use without any sign-up or login. The Ahrefs web crawler has identified over 16.31 trillion known links and is considered to be the best backlink database in the industry. New data is updated every 15 minutes, and you can easily upgrade to their paid service for more extensive features.
- View charts of backlink growth or decline
- Monitor domain and page-level metrics
- The best backlink database in the industry
Backlinktest is a free backlink checker that is hosted on a German site but is easy to translate in Google Chrome. Backlink queries could take anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes to process depending upon the complexity of the target URL. In addition to link source, you can also view additional quality factors and easily export the results for later reference.
- Data pulled from their own extensive link database
- Additional tools such as a dead link checker
- Save results as a PDF or CSV file
BuzzSumo offers a number of capabilities for marketers to discover new content, perform research, and monitor important industry trends. The monitoring features are especially helpful for studying backlinks and identifying strong new content to reference. Users can also monitor the organic growth of their content and receive custom notifications.
- Create notifications for new links
- Review mentions and organic link growth
- Link data summarized by source
The Backlink Diver program, from G-Lock Software, has a lot of important features to assist in developing a comprehensive link building strategy. The software allows you to check if a link to your website is available, whether it is DoFollow or NoFollow, and what the anchor text and URL information is. You can also monitor PageRank information for the link sources.
- Add an unlimited number of lists to projects
- Export data as an Excel file
- A PageRank checker
CognitiveSEO is a suite of online digital marketing tools that includes a backlink checker. Their program collects data from many leading link databases and analyzes them to provide you with the highest quality information during your research. They also include some great charting and reporting features to help you and your team make informed decisions.
- A consolidated link navigator
- Provides years of historical link data
- An unnatural link detection tool
9. Earning Guys
The Earning Guys website hosts a collection of free SEO tools including a backlink checker, broken links finder, and backlink maker. Visitors can enter any domain into the backlink checker and receive a quick overview of the site’s link profile and authority. It’s simple to use with no sign-up or purchase required.
- Receive a quick link overview for any website
- Easily review dofollow and nofollow backlinks
- Easy to use with only a few simple steps
Google Search Console is part of the Google Webmasters platform and helps you monitor your site’s search traffic and performance. It’s obviously tailored to Google search results and gives you some great data for optimizing your content based on impressions, clicks, and ranking. You can also submit sitemaps or individual URLs directly to Google for crawling.
- A URL inspection tool
- Receive alerts for any site issues
- Create custom reports to test mobile usability
Kerboo is a backlink analysis software that enables ultra-fast audits. You can get a quick overview of your site’s entire link profile and create projects for more detailed analysis. A detailed link analysis is provided for each link which highlights activity, level of risk, and other important qualities. Kerboo even uses their own rank system to prioritize the most valuable links.
- A LinkRisk and LinkValue score assigned to each link
- Upload any existing disavow files
- Deployable as software-only or with hands-on consultancy
Cost: £249 – £999/month
12. Link Sphinx
Link Sphinx is a free backlink checker tool that can be downloaded for systems running Windows. The program opens to a site explorer with an analysis of the backlink information for a chosen website. It is very easy to switch between domains to perform competitive analysis, and the information for each link is color-coded for easy viewing.
- A Google index checker
- Program runs on Windows-based systems
- Integrated with several backlink indexing services
LinkResearchTools is an SEO platform that helps to recover links and grow your website traffic. Key features include a link audit with Google Recovery, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis. It’s great for both link analysis and link building, with automation that can help you save time and focus only on the best quality content that can improve your search results.
- A comprehensive link database
- Easily identify high-trust and low-risk links
- Machine-learning powered Link Detox Genesis
Cost: $499 – $2,999/month
LinkGraph is an SEO services agency that focuses on high-quality link building strategies. They offer a few free SEO tools on their website including a toxic backlink checker that can be used by simply entering a URL. The purpose of this tool is to review and identify bad backlinks so that you can take appropriate action to eliminate any negative effects on your search ranking.
- Intuitive graphs and charts
- Quickly view site domain and number of links
- Additional free content tools
Linkio is an SEO tool for updating anchor text, monitoring backlinks, and analyzing keywords. The software is broken down into three modules that represent each function, and the backlink crawler includes a built-in validator to check links. Results are displayed along with information for the anchor type and anchor text.
- Add a disavow file to exclude selected links
- Verify the anchor text for each URL
- Automatically checks Google index status
Cost: $19.99 – $149/month
LinkMiner is a powerful backlink checker tool that was designed by SEO software company Mangools. Users can search by domain or URL and then filter the results to show only new links or lost links if they like. This is also a useful tool for competitor analysis, as you can review the link strength for all backlinks associated with each domain.
- Create custom lists with your chosen link data
- View link placement in a website preview
- Data for over 9 trillion links
Cost: $29.90 – $79.90/month
Linkody includes a free backlink checker that allows you to see up to 100 referring domains. You simply enter the domain you wish to analyze, and you’ll be presented with results that are sorted by authority. Additional data includes the anchor text, follow or nofollow label, and the country of origin for the referring domain.
- Results automatically sorted by domain authority
- Automation for identifying bad backlinks
- Add competitor backlinks to gain more insights
- Free backlink tool (up to 100 domains)
- $14.90 – $153.90/month for more features
LinkPad is a link optimization platform that indexes more than one billion pages each day. The Link Explorer on the main page gives you an easy way to perform a domain or URL analysis. Your search results will be shown as a graph illustrating the total number of backlinks over time followed by specific link, indexing, and URL statistics.
- Easy-to-read charts for link count and referring sites
- Additional SEO services available
- Place direct orders for link exchange
Cost: Contact for a quote
Majestic is a backlink checker and link building platform that provides a lot of supporting data. A Site Explorer tool can be used to quickly assess the link quality for a site and review the top backlinks. There is also a Link Context tool, included with all their subscription plans, which gives you additional information about the page associated with each backlink.
- Track sites with Majestic Campaign
- Easily filter links by quality, topic, and language
- Use Link Context to identify details from each referring page
- $49.99 – $ 99.99/month
- $399.99/month for full API
MoonSearch is a backlink checker and SEO reporting site that has index over 24 million domains. To search, simply enter any domain or IP address, and the program will give you an overview of the site. Clicking on the backlinks tab will display a list of referring domains that are listed in order of their MoonRank, which is a proprietary algorithm to evaluate popularity.
- A unique MoonRank rating for each link
- Easily sort links by page rank, registration, and expiration
- View IP address and Whois information for each domain
21. Money Robot
Money Robot Submitter is a link building program for Windows systems that allows you to create complete SEO campaigns. With this software, you can submit backlinks and content to a number of different web platforms right from the program. This greatly simplifies the process of link building and can save a lot of time versus other methods.
- High speed backlink/content submission
- Automatically rework content into multiple versions
- Monitor backlinks with the Live Link Checker feature
Cost: $67/month or a $497 one-time fee
Monitor Backlinks is a backlink and keyword monitoring platform that is known for its intuitive user interface. The interface features numerous charts and color-coded data summaries that make it very easy to read. Also, Monitor Backlinks collects metrics from a number of leading SEO sites to give you a single, comprehensive view of link quality.
- View ranking history and keyword trends
- Reports key metrics from sites like Majestic and Moz
- Over 71 thousand active users
Cost: $20 – $187+/month
Moz is a market-leading SEO software company, and the Link Explorer tool that they offer on their website gives you a free view into some of their data. You simply enter any URL into the search field, and you’ll have access to over 37 trillion links that are in the database. With this tool, you can view data such as domain authority, number of ranking keywords, and top pages.
- Provides industry-leading domain authority metrics
- Sort and filter backlink data with multiple criteria
- A Top Pages report that reveals your strongest content
- Free basic version
- Contact for a pro version quote
Nightwatch is an SEO rank and backlink checker that is focused on providing meaningful data visualizations. The user interface offers a compelling look at the most important metrics, and there’s an entire section devoted to graphing your data. Tracking backlinks is easy with a number of tabs that help you sort your links by specific criteria.
- Quickly segment website search data
- Aggregates data from all major search sources
- Visualize your data in customized graphs
Cost: $19 – $699/month
OpenLinkProfiler is a free link analysis tool with a simple web-based interface. After entering a domain, the system will fetch data and present a summary page with counts for the number of unique links, trusted links, and an overall link influencer score. You can then review individual links or use the tabs on the left of the page to explore specific information.
- Segment links by country or industry
- Over 10 different link filters
- Additional SEO tools are available
26. Rank Signals
Rank Signals is SEO software with a built-in backlink checker tool. After entering a domain, you can view summary PageRank and Alexa traffic rank for the website. The search will also display social media followers and a list of backlinks. You can then browse to the individual pages or review the ranking data for the list.
- Quickly find deleted and broken links
- Links identified as nofollow or dofollow
- A Quick SEO Chrome Extension
27. Ranking Coach
RankingCoach is an SEO app for optimizing search traffic and improving rankings on Google and other search engines. The software features tools for identifying valuable keywords, analyzing competitors, and optimizing site performance. It helps identify backlinks that your site has in common with competing websites and offers insights for your link building plan.
- Over 10,000 video tutorials
- Optimized for all major CMS platforms
- Integration with Google Analytics
Cost: $40 – $60/month
Rankwatch is a website search rank monitoring software that includes data for backlinks and SERP competitors. You can try the service for free and explore the full SEO stack. Key features include rank tracking, site auditing, keyword research, and a white label interface for customized reports. This is a great option for those looking to perform research for clients.
- A proprietary smart crawler for finding links
- Create detailed reports and charts
- Data powered by Majestic
Cost: $29 – $449/month
29. Raven Tools
Raven Tools is a powerful suite of SEO tools for analyzing all aspects of a website. The backlink checker allows you to search any domain or select an individual URL for analysis. A detailed backlink report will then be created which includes competitor link activity, link source information, and citation flow.
- Numerous filters for categorizing your data
- Build and share custom reports
- Integrated metrics from Moz and Majestic
Cost: $39 – $399/month
30. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO platform for doing a comprehensive analysis of any domain. In addition to research tools devoted to keywords and backlinks, there are also some useful promotion tools for helping you develop your link building strategies. Additional capabilities include social media management, marketing planning, and SEO reporting.
- A keyword suggestion tool
- Social media management including auto-posting
- API access for customization
Cost: $23 – $189/month
Searchmetrics offers a suite of software solutions and services tailored to digital marketers who may be working on a number of different activities. Their Searchmetrics software has capabilities for managing content, market research, SEO, and user experience. Users can monitor backlinks and track their performance against competitors and other benchmarks.
- Easily segment data by country and region
- View your SEO distribution by tag
- Advanced SEO keyword tracking
Cost: Contact for a quote
Seobility offers a free backlink checker on their website that can be used up to three times per day for free. No registration is required to perform a search, and you can export the data as a CSV or PDF file. The data available includes a total backlink and referring domain count, along with detailed information about each specific link.
- A clear quality rating for each link
- Dofollow and nofollow information
- Export data as a PDF or CSV file
SEOJet is a dedicated backlink management software with a suite of tools for competitive link building. The program is built upon detailed analysis of links across thousands of top sites and provides specific recommendations. In addition to the data, you can also view customized reports recommending link opportunities so you can plan your specific actions.
- A detailed competitor analysis tool
- Integrated with the major backlink reporting companies
- A proprietary “JetRank” score
Cost: $49 – $199/month
SEOkicks is a German backlink checker that has recently released an English version of their tool. The search provides a summary of referring domains and pages along with a domain rank score for each. The checker is free to use on their website, and an API is available for an additional small fee.
- Quickly view recently discovered links
- Export data to a CSV file
- A database of over 200 billion links
SEOmonitor is a full-featured SEO software that gives you all the tools you need to acquire new traffic, manage your team, and retain your existing business. The central dashboard gives you a quick overview of the campaign status for each website you’re tracking. A unique feature of this platform is the visibility score that helps summarize any recent changes in keywords, ranking, or links.
- A unique visibility score
- Brand/non-brand traffic segmentation
- A proposal builder
Cost: $53 – $358+/month
36. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is a complete SEO software package for monitoring ranking, keywords, and backlinks. The program connects with over 329 search engines and allows for an unlimited of number of keywords. It also hosts the largest backlink index available and studies over 50 different backlink factors.
- Content optimization advice for pages
- Convenient link data management
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
Cost: Free – $699/year
37. SEO Review Tools
The SEO Review Tools website hosts a collection of free tools including a backlink checker, link building tool, and SEO competitor checker. The backlink checker will give you data about the domain authority and number of links connected to the domain you are searching. You can also view limited data about each link and can register to unlock the complete dataset.
- Review the most popular anchor text
- Export data as a CSV file
- Data powered by SEMrush API
38. SEO Spyglass
SEO Spyglass is a backlink checker included on the internet marketing site Link Assistant. It’s part of the larger SEO PowerSuite, and you can register to use the software for free with unlimited searches. With the free offering, you can’t save projects or export data, but analytics are available for up to 1,100 backlinks.
- A disavow file generator
- Reporting powered by Google Analytics
- Easily perform domain comparisons between sites
Cost: Free – $299/year
SEMrush is one of the most well-known digital marketing platforms around, and backlink research is part of their domain analytics toolkit. You can monitor any domain or URL through SEMrush, and they have over 28 trillion backlinks in their system. They also make it easy to perform comparisons between sites so you can improve your link building strategies.
- A comprehensive Backlink Audit tool
- Track competitor websites
- Receive automatic alerts when backlinks are deleted
Cost: $83 – $399/month
Serpstat is a growth hacking tool that can be used to analyze any domain, keyword, or URL. You can test out the platform for free by simply entering a search term on their landing page. The backlink analysis tool will show you a complete summary of your current backlink data along with two years of historical data.
- Quickly view new and lost backlinks
- View quality scores for referring domains
- Monitor competitor link activity
Cost: $55 – $499/month
SimilarWeb allows you to perform a full analysis on any website and monitor search traffic, referrals, and keywords. This platform is designed for SEO and digital marketing experts as a tool for breaking down the reach of a website. The referral traffic function is useful for reviewing backlinks to find high-quality partner sites.
- Detailed market intelligence data
- Discover trending topics and interests
- Free Chrome browser extension available
Cost: Free, contact for an enterprise quote
Sitechecker offers a free backlink checker on their website that is perfect for a one-time lookup of any domain. The tool will provide a breakdown of the current number of backlinks and highlight referring domains, dofollow backlinks, and referring IP addresses. Browsing further down the page will reveal a detailed list of the primary URLs and their individual data.
- Great for visualization of backlink data
- An easy-to-browse list for analyzing individual links
- A free website monitoring tool is also available
Cost: Free, $23 – $119/month for regular monitoring
SpyFu helps you analyze backlinks by website domain or keyword. After you enter your target into the search field, you can review a detailed list of results that are categorized by backlink type. The data focuses on the very top, high-quality domains and will not contain any junk or duplicate links.
- A free query will show the top 5 backlinks
- Search by keyword or domain
- A filtered list of top domains for each keyword
Cost: $33 – $299/month
44. The HOTH
The HOTH is an SEO agency that provides a variety of tools and services to the industry. The free backlink checker tool on their website, powered by data from SEMrush, is an easy way to get a quick look at referrer traffic. You simply enter a target URL and select an appropriate scope to view links from a domain, subdomain, or exact URL.
- Powered by SEMrush
- Many additional SEO tools available
- Report scope can be customized
45. Traffic Travis
Traffic Travis is an SEO management program for monitoring the overall strength of a website. Users can download the program for free with some restricted features such as a limit of two projects and 30 keywords per project. A fully-functional professional version is available for conducting more detailed research.
- Authority ratings for specific backlink anchors
- A link finder for identifying link partners
- Google keyword rankings by country
Ubersuggest is an online SEO tool for researching keywords and domain authority. Your query will also display backlink data that will help you to identify high quality content within your niche that is being referenced. You can also easily review the specific URLs within a specific domain to review the best performing pieces.
- Easily identify related keywords
- Review backlink domain sources
- A visual graph to view keyword popularity
Cost: $29 – $99/month
47. URL Profiler
URL Profiler is an SEO program that be downloaded for Windows or Mac operating systems. It’s a fast way to review SEO data that includes link metrics and social shares. The software centralizes a lot of information for each domain into a single view and gives you quick access to readability scores, IP addresses, and Whois information.
- An integrated backlink checker
- Automatically calculates 5 readability scores
- Connect directly to Google Analytics API
Cost: $19.95 – $99.95/month
48. Web CEO
The WebCEO backlink checker tool is designed to give you a full list of all incoming links to a website. This is a great resource for creating an overall link building strategy since you can quickly review the quality, diversity, and value of all your site’s backlinks. You can also explore competitors’ backlink profiles to better understand their linking strategy.
- A 14-day free trial
- Review the value and toxicity of each link
- A Linking Domain report
Cost: Free – $299/month
This free backlink checker on the Website SEO Checker website can be used without creating a user account. Users can enter a URL or domain name into the search field and then view page titles and anchor text for each link. It’s easy to sort the list based on your desired criteria or add and remove columns from the backlink report.
- Export data to a CSV file
- Search by domain or specific URL
- View additional data with the Link Diagnosis Firefox extension
50. Yandex Webmaster
Yandex Webmaster is a software platform for tracking the statistics of a website’s search engine performance. Through the main dashboard you can view data for indexing, links, and search queries. In addition to reviewing backlinks, there’s also a detailed troubleshooting analysis to identify potential security threats or common problems with your website.
- Audit pages for mobile compatibility
- Review diagnostic history and potential problems
- Monitor backlinks for your entire site
Cost: Contact for a quote
Getting your content in front of a larger audience is one of the best ways to generate more organic backlinks. Social media share buttons, like our Twitter share button, make it easy for your website visitors to share your content in a single click. It takes just minutes to install and is completely free to use, so install the Twitter share button today and start boosting your content’s visibility effortlessly!