Voter Engagement: Key Insights and Resources
The right to vote is the foundation of any democracy. Regardless of what side of the aisle you align with, it has never been more important than now to exercise your right this election cycle.
Voting is a hot topic this year, and rightly so. ShareThis data is showing high engagement with voting related content, particularly in key swing states:
- ShareThis is seeing a 38% increase from September to October in content engagement around voter registration. This engagement is also climbing an average of 10% week-over-week.
- Voter engagement with topics addressing mail-in voting has increased 18% since September, and the average week-over-week growth is at a high 21% as the deadlines for mailing ballots approaches.
- Several key swing states are over-indexing for engagement with voter registration content, including
Note: Index Score quantifies how much more likely a user in this voter registration audience is interested in that content vs the average ShareThis user.
With the election less than two weeks away, here are a few last minute resources to help you exercise your all-important right to vote:
- Not sure if you have the right ID to register?
- Want to vote by mail or simply need an absentee ballot?
- Vote by mail deadlines by state
- Want a reminder on the remaining deadlines?
- Finding your local polling location
- Completed voting but want to volunteer at the polls?
Once you have addressed your own voting needs, have conversations to make sure others in your world are also registered and prepared to cast their ballot. For friends & family who live overseas or are serving in the military overseas, the U.S. Vote Foundation can help them get registered to vote. Students can check out Campus Vote Project if they want to make sure their peers are also registered and ready to cast their vote.
Remember to vote!