How to Install the ShareThis Plugin on WordPress
Hot tip: If you’re already using the ShareThis buttons, and want to migrate to our WordPress plugin, we’ve got your back. Install the plugin, then from the first configuration screen click, “Login and connect to an existing property“. Log in, and select your property from the list. We’ll sync your settings from our Platform. Don’t forget to remove the <script> code and any <div> tags from the Inline Share Buttons!
Our WordPress plugins make it quick and easy for you to add Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, Reaction Buttons, Google Analytics Dashboard, and/or our GDPR Compliance Tool (a.k.a Consent Management Platform) to your website in a few simple clicks.
Simply log in to your WordPress account and follow the steps below to get started:
- In the left navigation menu, click Plugins, followed by Add New.
- In the search box, type ShareThis and hit enter.
- From the search results, choose the tool you wish to install and click Install Now.
- After you have installed the plugin, click Activate.
- Once the plugin is activated, select ShareThis on the left navigation menu. For share buttons, choose from Inline or Sticky Share Buttons.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, and more.
- Once you’re happy with the style of your buttons, click the Update button.
Now that you’ve completed configuring your buttons, there are 2 ways to add them to your blog post or page:
- Shortcode – If you are using the Classic WordPress editor, in the right navigation menu of your post, you can select whether you would like the buttons to appear at the top or bottom of your post. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the shortcode below for inline share buttons wherever you want the buttons to appear.
- PHP – For more advanced users, you can use the PHP code below to insert your inline or sticky share buttons within a template.
<?php sharethis_inline_buttons(); ?>
Congrats! Now, you’ve made it easier for your audience to share your content and grow your website traffic.
- Learn more about your site visitors by creating a ShareThis Platform account. You’ll be able to dive deeper into your top pages, social channels, and social referrals with our free analytics platform.
- You can add/drag inline buttons to your pages within the Edit page > Add Block option on your site.
Here’s a preview of how it looks: