How to Install ShareThis Reaction Buttons
Reaction buttons give your visitors a fun and quick way to interact with your blog post, product page, and more.
In order for our reaction buttons to work on your HTML website, follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the header section of your website:
- Log in to your ShareThis platform account. If you don’t have a ShareThis account, sign up for free here.
- Select Reaction Buttons in the Apps Directory and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, alignment, and size.
- Select the Activate code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Log in to your HTML website.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from step 4 into the header section of your website.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our reaction buttons on your website, you will need to add placement code wherever you want the tool to appear.
- Copy the placement code for reaction buttons below:
- Navigate to a page on your website (e.g., blog, product, etc) and paste the placement code that you copied from the ShareThis platform, wherever you want the ShareThis tool to appear.
Need help? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org