- Automatic Installation – search, install and activate the plugin completely within WordPress.
- Manual Installation – download and expand zip files, upload to server, and activate.
Step 1: Log-in to your WordPress blog.
Step 2: In the sidebar, expand Plugins and click on Add New.
Step 3: In the search box, type ShareThis, then click Search Plugins.
Step 4: Find the search result that says ShareThis and click Install Now.
Step 5: On the installation page, click the Activate Plugin link. You’re done!
- Download and unarchive the plugin folder.
- Place the uncompressed share-this folder in your wp-content/plugins directory. You should end up with up with wp-content/plugins/share-this/.
- On the Plugin page in your WordPress Administration area, activate the ShareThis plugin.
Once you have successfully installed and activated the ShareThis plugin. A link to a new settings page in the sidebar will be generated where you can customize the plugin.
Step 1: Choose Button Style Option
Select from small or large buttons or ones that display share counters.
Add Hover Bar or Pulldown Bar Option
Hover Bar allows you to dock on either the Left or Right of your webpage.
Pulldown Bar will appear when users scroll down the page. Learn More.
Step 2: Choose Social Services
Select which social services you want to add and remove the ones you don’t want by dragging outside of the ‘Selected Services’ area. You can also change the order of how they appear. A full list of available services can be found here.
Choose Social Plugins
Select which social plugins you want to add by dragging over to the ‘Selected Services’. You can also change the order of how they appear by dragging up and down.
Step 3: Sharing Method
Step 4: Customize Share Functionality
Check this box to track the shares that occur when a user copies and pastes your website’s URL or content. Learn More.
Customize Widget Position
Customize the way the Widget looks to your user. You can choose between putting share buttons at the top