Systems and Operations Engineer
ShareThis is currently searching for a seasoned systems engineer to join our technology operations team. Since inception, ShareThis exclusively operates in the Amazon EC2 cloud. With explosive growth, the company is one of the largest deployments of EC2 and uses the latest open-source technologies to manage vast amounts of data while servicing web traffic loads of 10+ billion hits monthly with high availability and performance.
We seek a hardcore technical systems engineer who is capable of operating at and above this scale to support our continued business growth. As a company that thrives on innovation, is focused on customer value, and delivery using agile methods, the role demands an individual who is passionate about Big Data/NOSQL, Hadoop, systems engineering, fault-tolerant computing, and operating discipline based on data and metrics.
Technologies We Use
- Amazon Linux, Chef
- Perl, Python, Ruby
- Cassandra, Hadoop
- Nagios, Graphite
- Nginx, PHP
- Tomcat, Java
- Manage our compute and storage infrastructure on AWS. Ensure high availability with adequate monitoring and instrumentation.
- Maintain and extend operational processes to insure high availability and service of our entire technology stack – front-end web traffic and back-end big-data infrastructure (EC2, S3, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive)
- Implement best practices to manage utilization, optimization, and monitoring of our cloud services.
- Provide front-line data processing services based on incoming web traffic data. This function is the most critical element of the company’s assets since it forms the basis for all downstream insights from our data.
- Participate in oncall rotation to handle production issues.
The ideal candidate is talented across a variety of disciplines including: System Administration, Network Operations, Software Development, Build and Release Engineering, Performance Engineering and Site Operations. Must be willing to absorb new technologies quickly and become expert in it. Prior experience in building, monitoring and maintaining high-volume, low-latency systems.
Submit your application now to become a part of the ShareThis family!.